Get your COVID booster on Saturday, Nov 5
Boosters are an important part of protecting yourself from getting seriously ill or dying from COVID-19. They are recommended for most people.
Come get your updated COVID booster on Saturday, Nov 5 from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm at First Baptist Church 418 Bute St, Norfolk. We will be located in the Murray Center, which is next to the church.
To register click here:
REGISTRATION LINK https://vase.vdh.virginia.gov/vdhapps/f?p=535:205:::NO:205:P205_CLINIC_DETAILS_ID:311433381709900537903952251280324965783
A few things to consider:
- The CDC recommends the new bivalent booster for anyone who has not had a booster within the last 2 months.
- The new bivalent booster became available on Labor Day weekend.
- Please remember to bring your vaccine card so we can update it.
- The booster we have this time is Pfizer and the CDC says it is acceptable to mix and match.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
- However, if you recently had COVID-19, you may consider delaying your next vaccine dose (primary dose or booster) by 3 months from when your symptoms started or, if you had no symptoms, when you first received a positive test.
- This link for the CDC gives you not only all the information you need concerning the booster but provides a Booster Tool that lets you know if you are eligible for the new booster. Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters | CDC