The Newby Foundation is a non-profit organization with an elected board of directors and an appointed executive staff. Each board member commits for a term of one year; however, the objective is for every board member to serve in some capacity on the board for at least two years. This helps to provide continuity for programs as new members join the board.
Founding Board members:
- Keith Newby, President, Cardiology & Arrhythmia Consultants
- Peggy Newby, Administrator, Cardiology & Arrhythmia Consultants
- Yvonne Allmond, Senior VP Towne Bank
- L.D. Britt, M.D, Chief of General Surgery, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Cassandra Newby-Alexander, Ph.D., Professor, Norfolk State University
- James E. Newby, II, M.D., President, Primary Care Specialists
- Bruce Holbrook, Accountant, Goodman & Co.
- Vince Mastracco, Esq., Kaufman & Canoles
- Charles Burton
- Randy Kiah
- Alex Taylor, M.D., President, Community Family practice
- William Bethea, M.D., Director of the Executive Center Sentara
- Michael Lowenberg, Sales representative, Boston Scientific